The nickel position is key to the success of the Razorback defense as a play-making position, but after Greg Brooks Jr. this spring the depth at that position has been somewhat of a mystery. On top of it, Brooks has not been practicing for at least the past two practices. It would be one thing if he were a veteran, but Brooks is a true freshman who enrolled early in the spring. Coaches felt confident enough with him to move 2018 nickel starter D'Vone McClure inside to linebacker, but Brooks needs all the reps he can get. After Brooks -- and with him missing -- there have been a lot of different players working there. Arkansas cornerbacks coach Mark Smith indicated that Brooks' injury was nothing serious in his post-practice interview. "I know it’s not a major thing," Smith said. " I don’t know. I don’t know when they [plan to bring him back]." Redshirt junior Micahh Smith worked with the first group at nickel during Tuesday's pra...
Comments
Post a Comment